Our next Cape Fear Arch quarterly meeting is scheduled for November 12, 2013.
Where: Vereen Memorial Historical Gardens is located at 2250 Highway 179, Little River, SC (1 mile south of the NC/SC border).
Time: 8:30 am - 3:30 pm.
- 8:30 – 9:00 - Networking
- 9:00 – 10:00 - Introductions and updates
- 10:00 – 10:15 - Introduction of topics
- 10:15 - 10:45 - Dennis Allen - Director, Baruch Marine Field Laboratory University of South Carolina, Georgetown, SC
- 10:45 – 11:15 - Amanda Brennan - Climate Outreach Specialist Carolinas Integrated Sciences and Assessments, University of South Carolina
- 11:15 – 11:45 - Craig Watson - South Atlantic Coordinator, Atlantic Coast Joint Venture US Fish & Wildlife Service
- 11:45 – 12:15 - Ken McDermond - Coordinator, South Atlantic Landscape Conservation Cooperative, US Fish & Wildlife Service
- 12:15 – 1:30 - Lunch on your own
For those going on the paddle trip, meet at the landing by 2:00 pm.
Optional paddle trip – Doug Smith, Vice President of Winyah Rivers Foundation and the Waccamaw RIVERKEEPER Program, is offering the use of his 8 canoes the afternoon of Tuesday, November 12th. We will convene at his private landing on the Waccamaw River (Clifton Landing) off of Dock Road in Columbus County by 2:00 pm. Reservation required since space is limited. When reserving please let us know if you have your own life jacket. No shuttling is required since we will park on Mr. Smith's property and return to that property following the paddle.
Further directions will be provided at the CFACC meeting.
Please send your RSVP (email: email@example.com) for this trip no later than Monday, November 4. If you want to come along and bring your own boat that is fine also.
If you'd like to join our mailing list to receive meeting and other related announcements, please Contact Us.