Directions: The main gate to St James is on the south side of route 211 (Southport/Supply Road) between Midway Road and Long Beach Road, which are the 2 roads leading to the bridges to Oak Island.
Passes for all attendees will either be available in association with your name or if you state you are attending the ARCH meeting. Since their will be a line at the gate, we encourage allowing extra time to get through.
To reach the Member's Club, follow St James Drive about 2 1/2 miles to a right turn onto Member's Club Boulevard. The Member's Club is on the left about 3/4 mile in. Parking may be necessary just past the club on the right as golfers may fill most places in the main lot.
9:30 - Welcome, Bobby Masters, General Manger, St. James Plantation
9:30—10:30 Introductions and updates
10:30 - 11:00 Panel Discussion What are Arch Communities
looking for from Partner organizations? featuring
11:00 - 12:30 What are the Conservation Priorities for the Cape Fear Arch Partners and how can communities support them.
- Natural history/ Natural area of Southeastern North Carolina – Roger Shew; UNCW, Dept. of Geography and Geology
- Backyard habitats – Melanie Doyle; Conservation horticulturist, NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher
- Why is fire important in our environment? – Angie Carl; Fire Specialist and Land Steward, The Nature Conservancy
- Green Growth Toolbox: incorporating wildlife habitat conservation in land use planning – Kacy Cook; Land Conservation Biologist, NC Wildlife Resources Commission
- Working Lands – Tony Doster: Manager, North Carolina Region, Resource Management Services
12:30 - 2:30 LUNCH catered by St. James Club and Resouce Management Service, LLC
2:30 depart for Green Swamp Tour