Take a Tour
The Cape Fear Arch is composed of some of the most unique landscapes in the world, many of which are home to plants and animals found no where else on earth.
Did you know that the Cape Fear Arch contains:
- 100% of the world’s native Venus flytraps
- The oldest trees east of the Rockies, including a 1,700-year-old bald cypress
- The largest of the natural Carolina Bay Lakes, Lake Waccamaw
- Endangered birds: red-cockaded woopecker, wood stork, & piping plover
- Endangered turtles: Kemp's Ridley, hawksbill, & leatherback
- Endangered fish: Cape Fear shiner & shortnose sturgeon
- Endangered plants: golden sedge, green pitcher plant, & rough-leaf loosestrife
- Endangered mammals: humpback whales & West Indian manatee
Use of photos prohibited without prior consent.
If you have pictures you'd like to share, please contact us!